Shooting star

Shooting star

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Voice Thread - and how cool it is!

I really enjoyed using Voice Thread. I found it to be user friendly and the quick tutorials broke down the procedure into a manageable sequence. When I uploaded pictures, I thought that I needed to have the pictures in order when they were in IPhoto. I wasted a lot of time putting those pictures in order because the Voice Thread software was much easier to drag and move the pictures around in. Right now I am wondering if more than one person can be working on the same voice thread, at the same time. I plan on exploring this aspect of the software with the help of Rosie, Elisabeth and Bonnie. This question needs to be answered before I teach my first tech lesson.

I am going to teach Voice Thread to my 2nd graders this Thursday. I have uploaded 22 pictures that I took of their Kathy Hocker sketchbooks(she is the October Artist in Residence). The plan is to have them explore with Voice Thread using the classroom account I created. I will be showing them to use the software by having them watch on the Smart Board (I will be modeling and having them follow along on their computers). Once they are on the program, I will have them watch two different examples that I created. One of them explains what Voice Thread is and the second on is an example voice thread that I put together of the kids. I will show them how I clicked on the microphone and recorded my words for the images.

Once they have explored on Voice Thread and have watched the images from Kathy Hocker, they are going to record their own voices for each of their own images. If they can do it at the same time, that would be awesome. However I am going to explore that this Wednesday and if they can not, kids can do it one at a time. Those students who are waiting can click on a list of voice threads that I will have loaded on ‘My Voice’. They are grade appropriate and should give them ideas for how to use the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment